Publishing, Reproducing, and Linking to This Guide
NOTE: Since this guide is not quite done, I'm currently asking people not
to make paper copies for distribution. I'd rather not have my typos immortalized! However, please feel free to
provide this Web site's address to anyone you believe may find the work-in-progress useful.
I have received many requests for permission to reproduce this guide in other forms. After thinking hard about
how to make this fair but possible, with minimum hassle for everyone, I've come up with the following. Here are
my conditions for reproducing or publishing the "Language of Lagomorphs" Guide:
You MAY, without obtaining prior permission:
- Link to the Guide pages.
- Use any of the images, animations or movies included in the online Guide, in any form or medium. (Please
use the copyright notice specified below.)
- Quote one paragraph or less of the original online format, in any medium. (We would love to get credit,
and/or a link, if that is possible.)
- Reproduce or publish all or part of the Guide, in any medium other than an online format, BUT
ONLY if it will be provided entirely without charge, or as part of a collection or package that is provided
entirely without charge. You must also include the copyright notice specified below. (If you wish to charge for
the copies you make, even a very modest amount only to cover your costs, you must get written permission - see
You MUST NOT, in any case:
- Reproduce or publish the Guide online, in whole or in part (beyond one paragraph), without explicit
prior permission from the author. (This is because I don't want there to be multiple versions on the Web, since
that would be confusing and there's really no need).
You MUST GET PRIOR PERMISSION by writing to me, to:
- Translate the guide into languages other than English, to publish it online either to this or your own site.
- Quote sections longer than one paragraph, online or in any publication you are charging for.
- Reproduce all of the Guide in any medium other than online, if you are charging for that publication.
- Reproduce all or part of the Guide in a manner not otherwise described here explicitly.
The copyright notice to include on permitted uses of the Guide is the one found at the bottom of the online
guide's introduction page. That notice currently reads "Copyright ©
1999 Eric Mercer."